Q. What are the Borough Hall’s operating hours?
A. Monday – Friday  8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.  Closed every day for lunch from 12:00 p.m.-12:30 p.m.

Q. How do I schedule trash pick-ups?
A. The borough does not provide for trash pick-up. Each resident contracts on an individual basis with the contractor of their choice for regular trash collection. Check the yellow pages or ask your neighbor for references.

Q. Must I recycle?
A. Yes, recycling is mandatory in the Borough of Birdsboro. However, the borough provides for pick-up of recyclables and contracts directly with a recycling service. Hollenbaugh is the current recycler in the borough.

REPLACEMENT RECYCLING CANS  – Replacement cans are available at the Borough Hall during business hours for $12.

Recyclables are picked up on Wednesday mornings.

Q. I noticed a streetlight out on my street. Who do I report that to?
A. Please report streetlights to Use the “Customer Service” dropdown to select “report a lighting problem”. You will need to provide the closest physical address as well as a nearby cross street.

Q. What are the rates for water and sewer for Birdsboro residents?
A. The current water and sewer rates, as well as other helpful information, can be found on the Birdsboro Municipal Authority’s web site at

Q. I plan to replace my roof; must I apply for a permit?
A. If you are simply replacing shingles, you do not need a permit. However, if you are replacing any of the wood structure, a permit is required.

Q. How do I know what other projects I am planning require a permit?
A. If you are unsure whether a permit is required, contact LTL Consultants at 610-987-9290.

Q. How do I reserve a pavilion at Rustic Picnic area?
A. Call borough hall at 610-582-6030 for availability and pricing. Rules and Regulations and pricing information is also available by going to this website’s home page and clicking on Parks and Recreation.

Q. How do I file a formal complaint?
A. In order to file a formal complaint, you must obtain a citizen complaint form from Borough Hall, or by clicking here. If you do not provide basic information such as your name, address and contact information, the complaint will be considered incomplete and therefore, not a valid complaint.

Q. How do I report a pothole?
A. You can report a pothole or other dangerous road condition by contacting Borough Hall directly.

Q. I want to serve my community by volunteering for a Borough commission or committee. How do I do that?
A. You may obtain a volunteer application form at Borough Hall. Simply fill it out completely and return it to Borough Hall. You may also find the volunteer application form by clicking here.

Q. What is the Tax Collector’s Contact Information?
A. Gary Buck, P.O. Box 296, Birdsboro PA 19508 Phone: 484-645-3482

Any Additional Questions?

Email us